Sierra Madre | In Construction
A 12,000 square foot adaptive reuse of a former lumber yard into creative offices and artist studios.
Built in 1936 with additions in the 70’s and 80’s, the simple horseshoe building arrangement organizes studios around a newly landscaped parking courtyard and orients openings towards the San Gabriel mountains to the north.
Street improvements include revitalizing the original cottage, fronting the sidewalk with industrial materials and re-purposing a former storage space as a coffee shop opening to a landscaped courtyard.
Images and photos © ORA